Critical illness insurance
I am worried about what would happen to me and/or my family if I got really sick - can you help?
A serious illness can jeopardize an individual’s ability to pay fixed expenses and meet other financial obligations.
Critical illness insurance can help reduce financial stress when you need it the most, and can even complement disability and life insurance. It offers you and your loved ones, as well as your business, the financial resources to help pay for additional expenses often associated with a critical illness. If you have a serious illness, you should be able to focus on getting better without worrying about mounting financial troubles.
Some of the advantages of critical illness insurance include:
- A large lump-sum payment that can be used to make mortgage payments, help your business continue while you recover, seek private medical treatment, etc.
- Coverage for up to 25 serious illnesses and conditions
- Potential ability to receive payment even if you’re still able to work
- Options are available that provide a return of premium benefit
- Individuals unable to obtain disability insurance for various reasons can, in some cases, qualify for critical illness coverage (e.g. a non-income earning spouse)
We can help you determine if critical illness insurance fits into your financial security plan. Contact us to find out more.